The Week In Links : A look around the web through a photographers eyes
Lighting inspiration, DIY Photo Booth, some helpful pieces of gear, and a little behind the scenes. Enjoy.
- Doctor Who as Lighting U. : I know last week’s was also an installment of the Strobist, but I’m a sucker for any Doctor Who reference. I’m glad someone with some clout in the photography industry is finally saying what I’ve been saying for years. The light on Doctor Who is epic and constructed perfectly!
- Teen Photographer Builds an Instagram-Inspired Photo Booth : This kid is a genius. Now I have to figure out how to build this myself.
- Phottix’s Multi Boom Flash Bracket Removes The Pain For Umbrella Softbox Users : If you’ve ever been using an Apollo softbox (amazing box) on a standard stand mount, then you’ll understand why this thing needs to be in the bag…twice.
- Accidentally Reformatted a Memory Card and Need to Get Your Pictures Back? There’s an App for That. : $20? That’s it?!?!?!
- BTS of How Apple’s Product Photographer Makes the iPhone Ad Perfect : You can’t argue with Apple’s “style”…their images are gorgeous. Here’s a look behind the scenes with their photographer Peter Belanger.
- Learn To Shoot Proper White Balance using Kelvin Temps : I know that we can infinitely adjust white balance in RAW, but I hate being lazy with it. However, I’m guilty of never truly learning the Kelvin scale…until now.
- I’ve Been Using Evernote All Wrong. Here’s Why It’s Actually Amazing : I’m a power user when it comes to Evernote. I don’t think I could run my life, let alone my business without it. However, it seems like a lot of people just don’t “get it”. I hope this article changes some minds.